Preparing For Surgery at JFK Medical Center
As you are preparing for your surgery, it is perfectly normal to feel anxious and have questions. Rest assured that our team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, and other healthcare team members understand and want you to be comfortable and fully prepared for this experience. Depending on the type of procedure, you may require hospitalization or a brief recovery period and then recuperate at home.
JFK Medical Center patients can now pre-register online through secure forms from anywhere. Pre-registration can help make preparing for your hospital visit as simple and stress-free as possible.
Please pre-register online at least 48 hours before your pre-admission visit to the hospital to allow adequate time for processing your information.
- Please visit our registration page to pre-register
What You'll Need to Pre-Register / Register Day of Pre-Admission Visit
- Your personal contact information
- Emergency contact information
- Insurance information - group name and number, policy number, address and telephone number
- The name of your Primary Care Physician
- Date of procedure
- A list of all medications you are taking, their dosage and frequency
- A list of your medical conditions, disease history, and any surgical procedures you have ever had
- The name of the surgeon who will be performing your upcoming procedure
Patient Education Booklet
For more information on Preparing for Surgery, click on the link below to view/download our Patient Education Booklet. The information in this booklet is designed to answer many of your questions about preparing for surgery and what to expect on the day of your procedure. Please follow specific instructions given to you by your surgeon.